a great book and my gluten-free Spicy Pumpkin Muffins. Mmmm, perfectly wonderful.
Oh, oh, oh! I feel it coming on again! All together now, let’s sing…
“Oh the weather outside is frightful… let it snow, let it snow…”
Each muffin is high in Vitamin A from the pumpkin, loaded with fiber and protein and contentment!
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup potato starch
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cloves (to your taste)
1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (to your taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup oil (I use a mild-tasting olive oil)
1/4 cup honey
4 large eggs
1 cup raisins (or chocolate chips if you desire) optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake papers ~ 24 mini-muffins or 12 regular size muffins.
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour, flaxseed, potato starch, spices, baking soda and salt until thoroughly mixed.
2. Add pumpkin, oil, honey and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Stir in raisins.
- I adore raisins in my muffins; but you can leave them out if you’re not a raisin lover. My Gorgeous Man always wants semi-sweet chocolate chips in his Spicy Pumpkin Muffins. So I divide the batter and put raisins in one half for me and chocolate chips in the other half for him.
3. Spoon into lined cupcake/muffin pan; each muffin will be very full. Bake until golden brown approximately 25-30 minutes. Enjoy your muffins!
- Tip: Insert a toothpick all the way down in a muffin; if it comes out “clean” then your muffins are done. Another tip is to lightly press on the top of a muffin; it will “spring back” if it’s done.
Happy Spicy Pumpkin Muffin Day!
Question #1: Which continent cannot grow pumpkins?
f. North America
g. South America
Question#2: The world’s largest pumpkin pie in 2010 weighed approximately how much?
a. 38 pounds
b. 127 pounds
c. 359 pounds
d. 2,020 pounds
e. 3,699 pounds
Question #3: At one time pumpkin was recommended for curing _______.
c. chocolate addiction
d. inappropriate laughter
Answer #1: Antarctica cannot grow pumpkin. Amazingly, pumpkin can even grow in Alaska!
Answer #2: Did you guess (d) 2,020 pounds? Wrong answer. That was the 2005 pie. The answer is (e). The 2010 Pumpkin Pie weighed a whopping:
3,699 pounds! This huge pie was made in New Bremem, Ohio at their annual Pumpkinfest.
Answer #3: a. freckles and b. snakebite. I’m sorry there is no known cure for chocolate addiction or inappropriate laughter.
Spicy Pumpkin Muffin smiles to you!