Gold is in a sunrise… in a sunset…
in brilliant yellow flowers…
The inspiration for Pure Gold Pancakes came when my Gorgeous Man and I were walking on tiles that had pure gold fused inside each clear tile. As our eyes moved up from the beautiful cobalt blue and gold floor, we saw that there was even more gold on the walls and ceiling and inside the pool. This opulent indoor pool was styled after an ancient Roman Bath for one of the richest men in the world (in the 1900’s) William Randolph Hearst.
We couldn’t stop smiling; it was fun being surrounded by gold and walking on gold! We felt incredibly wealthy; even if it was for only an hour or so…
Taking a tour at the magnificent Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California was inspiring! But being inside that majestic, beautiful home, seeing both of the swimming pools and then walking around the grounds of one of the wealthiest men in the world; well, it got me to… thinking…
YES! Suddenly, I knew what the wealthiest person in the world would want for breakfast!
my gluten-free Pure Gold Pancakes for breakfast!
Recent reports from around the world (okay fine ~ around my breakfast table) have confirmed that Pure Gold Pancakes are the #1 breakfast choice of the richest people in the world!
Pure Gold Pancakes are overflowing in flavor… ground almond flour, pure vanilla extract, fresh eggs and real maple syrup are all stirred together to make a rich, golden, gluten-free batter. Delicious!
Pure Gold Pancakes
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 extra-large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk of your choice (I use refrigerated coconut milk)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
3 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- Combine the almond flour, flaxseed, millet flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until combined
- Add the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon some batter on your greased, heated griddle ~ Heated to approximately 350 degrees. I recommend Ghee or Coconut Oil for frying your pancakes. Cook pancakes until they are a light gold color; flip over and cook until done.
Spread Pure Gold Pancakes with fresh creamery butter (made with the cream from your own herd of free range cows) and drench with warmed, real Maple Syrup. Serve with fresh fruit; (freshly picked from your own gardens and orchards) add a cup of hot coffee or espresso. Bon Appétit!
- You can mix up Pure Gold Pancakes the night before if that’s more convenient for you.
- Gimme Power Pancakes ~ Pancakes that will give you energy to smile all day long.
- Heavenly Almond Flour Pancakes ~ Lighter than air pancakes.
- Not Your Grandma’s Pancakes ~ Old-fashioned, whole-grain buttermilk pancakes that are so wonderfully delicious you’ll want to make ’em over and over.
- Little Larry’s Lemon Pancakes ~ These pancakes will “wow” you with lemony happiness.