What’s a Blissful Blueberry Muffin? Ohhhh, a Blissful Blueberry Muffin is soft as a cupcake, satisfyingly delicious and over-loaded with fresh blueberries. A Blissful Blueberry Muffin is gently sweetened with honey which makes it incredibly moist and if you didn’t know better; you would swear it couldn’t possibly be healthy for you!
Well, this muffin is not only healthy for you, dairy and gluten free… but, hey, let’s be honest. Who cares? We want our muffins to taste fabulous! Well, a Blissful Blueberry Muffin will take you to great heights of enjoyment simply because it does taste BLISSFULLY DELICIOUS!
Now I could tell you that Blissful Blueberry Muffins are even more moist the next morning; but what would be the point? If you are sharing these with friends or other members in your family; they will all be gone!
Now, I know that I am the most wicked person on this planet because I HID A MUFFIN so I could be sure to have one today! Oh my gosh! I love these muffins!
They ARE more moist the next day – I am eating a Blissful Blueberry Muffin (that I baked yesterday morning) as I’m typing this… maybe it’s just me, but this actually tastes even better than yesterday and it was delicious yesterday!
I can’t talk to you anymore now, I really want to finish this lovely little treat…
Blissful Blueberry Muffins
These muffins should be called “Mission Impossible Blueberry Muffins.” How can they be so high in fiber and full of vitamins, yet be so impossibly YUMMY. It’s a mystery!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put cupcake papers in cupcake/muffin pan.
- Makes 14 muffins. Bake time: 18-22 minutes
1 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 extra-large eggs
1/2 cup oil (I use a mild flavored olive oil)
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup milk of your choice I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl whisk together first 7 ingredients until mixed.
- Add the eggs, oil, honey, vinegar, vanilla and milk. Stir until mixed; then stir in the blueberries.
- Divide batter into a 12 cupcake-paper lined pan. Each muffin will be filled to the top. Note: There is too much batter to cram into one pan. You will have enough batter for 2 more muffins. Here’s what I do ~ Spoon that extra batter into a greased, small oven-safe baking dish; then (hooray) you will have one giant muffin to enjoy!
- Pop the muffins in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until done.
- If you’re not sure if they are done, simply insert a toothpick into a muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean then they are done.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Gently spoon on the top of the unbaked muffins. Then bake as directed. (If you like your muffins really sweet; double the topping.)