All our wheat-eating friends and especially children LOVE mini-loaves of Gimme Gluten-Free Beer Bread! This bread is GREAT for making little sandwiches. It’s perfect for tea parties, kids lunches (now, don’t worry ~ the kids won’t get drunk ~ the alcohol completely bakes out) and for lower-calorie sandwiches. (Hooray!) These little loaves make wonderful toast, croutons and breadcrumbs, too.
Yes… Gimme Gluten-Free Beer Bread is the perfect bread to serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner ~ so delicious!
One of the best things about this bread is: It is jam-packed full of healthy, high fiber grains ~ However, don’t tell anyone that! Just let them enjoy their yummy bread in peace.
Another “best thing” about this bread is that it is ridiculously easy to make. No bread machine or mixer is needed; just a bowl (or two) and a whisk. Mix, stir, pour into the pans ~ BAKE and EAT.
Now that’s the way all great bread should be made… blissfully easy.
GIMME GLUTEN-FREE BEER BREAD
The marvelous yeasty aroma of fresh, hot bread is only minutes away. No rising. No kneading. No sugar. No gluten. No dairy. Just pure deliciousness. Gimme Gluten-Free Beer Bread will become your best, most favorite bread recipe ever!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease three 5½”x 3″x 2″ mini-bread pans (or one 9″x 5″ loaf pan)
1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/4 cups gluten free oat flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup millet flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 bottle gluten-free beer (12 oz.)
Gimme Gluten Free Method:
- You can mix this in about 3 to 5 minutes; be sure your oven is preheated and your pans are greased before you begin!
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. Make Ahead Note: You can do this days before. Pour the mixed dry ingredients into a freezer bag or a tightly covered container until you are ready to make bread.
2. In a LARGE mixing bowl, beat the eggs and maple syrup together until frothy with a whisk. Slowly add the beer, whisking gently; it will be nice and foamy. Immediately, add the dry ingredients; whisk just until smooth and combined. Spoon the batter into the greased mini-pans and smooth out the batter evenly in the pans. (Or you can use one 9×5 inch baking pan)
3. Place the mini-pans on a baking sheet so they don’t get knocked over in the oven; plus they are easier to remove after they are baked. Bake 35-43 minutes or until golden brown and done. Let cool 5 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edges to loosen; turn upside down and give the pans a little pat. Turn the bread right side up and let cool on a wire rack. Slice, slather with butter and jam ~ YES! Wow, baking bread is so much FUN and sooooo yummy!
- In a large bowl whisk together two eggs, 3 T. maple syrup, 1-12oz. GF beer. Add bag of bread mix; whisk just until smooth.
- Bake 375 degrees, 35-45 minutes.
Answer: No. The xanthan gum holds the bread together since the bread does not contain gluten.